Why do I fly?

In search of a purpose greater than simply being. The voice inside my head and thoughts on "A Purpose Driven Life"

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Why do I fly?

Of the many times in my life where I have asked myself such questions as: "What do I want to do with my life?", "What is the meaning of life?", "Why am I here?", "If we're all going to die, then what's the point?"; and many other similar questions, I've never been able to give myself a satisfactory answer. Only recently did I learn to open my heart to God and listen for His voice. Only recently did I learn what it means to hear God's voice. God's reached out to me many a time, and many a time I rejected or ignored. He has reached out to me again and I feel I am ready to listen to everything He has to say. After several attempts and rejections, the book "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren has found its way to me again, and this time I'm prepared to try and learn what it is God wants me to do. This blog is a personal attempt to reflect on the book as well as my thoughts and feelings and experiences with God in general. This blog is open to all who wish to accompany me on my journey, may it be a blessed one.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Fady,

Just thought I'd tell you here on your webblog how extremely proud I am of you. I personally will be right here for you keeping you strong...all through till the end...of the book. The end of the chapter of life.

With God's blessing and true love as you read His words...

Love, O!

9/13/2006 3:18 AM  
Blogger antimena said...

So says Jehovah, Stand in the ways and see, and ask for the old paths where the good way is, and walk in it, and you shall find rest for your souls...
(Jer 6:16)

Be blessed bro +

9/18/2006 1:34 AM  
Blogger Christa said...

What a page! I was very happy reading those thoughts, this is realy a page to admire!!

Thanks for sharing your precious thoughts with others, it's my first time to visit your world but I think I'll be here again every now and then...

I'm glad you've discovered that It's only in HIM that we have hope and our lives have purpose!

2/15/2007 1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home