Why do I fly?

In search of a purpose greater than simply being. The voice inside my head and thoughts on "A Purpose Driven Life"

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

An everlasting promise...

I haven't been here recently. I haven't been reading like I want to and I haven't been writing like I said I would. I got caught up with this world, things swept me away. School, my friends, my laziness...all really just excuses.

And though I feel really bad about all of it, inside I jump for joy. I'm jumping for joy, not at my own lack of discipline or my inability to help myself grow, I'm overjoyed by the realization of a small promise that weighs more in our lives than can ever be comprehended.

I've been away from here for one month, and in that month, one thing has stayed the same, in fact, its been the same for the last 25 of my years. As far as I know, its been the same for over 2000 years.

God's word has been consistent, His promises have been fulfilled, His heart has been open, forgiving and merciful for the last 2000 years. Its an incredible promise, that no matter what happens, no matter where you go, no matter what you do, He will be right where He says He is, He will keep all the promises He's made to you and He will always have open arms awaiting you. No matter if you deny Him, if you lose touch with Him, walk away and forget Him, He's waiting for you. Until the instant your soul leaves your body, you have every chance to find your way to Him and He will never turn you away.

It is His love for us that makes Him wait so patiently for us to let go of our lives and submit to Him. It is His amazing, everlasting, pure, fulfilling love that is His promise to all of us. It is that love that hasn't changed in the month I walked away. It is that promise of forgiveness, of mercy, of always being there despite what we say and do that has brought me back here. It is for that promise that I jump for joy. For the fact that because of God's love, its never too late.

God bless you all to feel His love. +

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home